[Amps] 1 tube or two ??

To: "List for Amplifiers" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 1 tube or two ??
From: "Jim Isbell, W5JAI" <jim.isbell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:26:07 -0600
I have not heard anything from this list in months so maybe I am not
still subscribed.  Please respond directly to me just in case.

I have two Linears that use 4-1000A tubes.  One is a single 4-1000A
and the other has two tubes in parallel.

Is there an advantage of one over the other if both are run at the
limit for the Ham Bands?  Even the single tube will not be over
stressed at that level with 3500Volts on the plate.  Will the drive
requirement be lower using two tubes?

I don't understand why the two different designs were built as they
were both built by the same Ham.  One must have had an advantage.

--
Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."