Re: [Amps] 4CX600A

To: TexasRF@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX600A
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:33:18 +0000
Interesting!  The pair looks just like the 'B' and 'F' versions (gold, round
top), they say Eimac, and made in the USA, but that is really all that is on
them.  That sure supports why I can't find a data sheet.   Another amps reader
Rob sent me this document in the link below, it has mention of the 4cx600A in a
table, and gives various specificifications.   They came
second...thrid...fourth hand to me so I don't have any idea where or what they
are used for.  I guess  I can figure out the pin out, but before I embark on
the project, it would be nice to have more detials on what the heck I have ;)

http://www.cpii.com/eimac/PDF/C&F4Web.pdf

Thanks,
Paul.

From: TexasRF@aol.com

I have a 24 page Eimac brochure on the 4CX600 family of tetrodes. In the
brochure they state that the initial members of this family is the 4CX600B and
4CX600J. There is no mention of a 4CX600A at all.

This makes me wonder if you might have an Americanized version of a Russian
tube in the GSxx or GUxx series.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 2/15/2007 6:40:09 A.M. Central Standard Time,