Re: [Amps] SB200 problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB200 problem
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:08:39 -0800
Tom W8JI wrote:

> That's because the relay inthe SB200 is not compensated for
> SWR on the higher bands. Normally connecting a 27pF
> 500-1000V capacitor from the shorting jumper on the NC
> contacts to ground will fix that.

Hi Tom

I am having the same sort of problem here, except it is on 80 meters only
that I am having the problem.  My SB 200 is fine to my TS-450SAT on the
40-10 meters, but on 80 meters, it has a super high SWR on the input.  I
took it out of the case last night and looked at the coil/capacitor combo,
and it all looks good.  I re-soldered all the connections going to the 80
meter contacts on the switch and coil, but SWR is still too high. Even tried
adjusting the slug in the coil.   I did use the tuner and could get it to
load.  Would that cap work for 80 meters also, or just the higher bands.
With the straight through operation of the amp to the antenna, the SWR is
fine.  73
Tom W7WHY