Re: [Amps] 813 "Flimimate" Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 "Flimimate" Choke
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:51:37 -0800
More on the days of yore--
My first home-brew amp was a pair of 813s, GG .. cheap and dirty, as it was
called back when .. no tuned input.  The GG filament choke was wound on a
pencil, using fabric insulated wire ... worky worky for DXCC!  I cannot
remember the turns, etc... was 42 years ago .. HIHI.  Got another one of
those pink slips from the Franklin Candy Company with this when working
split DX on 40M SSB-- too close to the band edge with the HT-37 phasing
rig's mike gain cranked up, along with the non-tuned up input on the amp ..
but, whatta heck, I was working EUs with a 40M dipole!  HIHI..
Also .. Dentron amps infamous for desoldering themselves in important places
.. if yours quits worky worky, check the large solder joints FIRST .. 73
Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX
http://aa6dx.com
AA6DX@ARRL.NET

Message: 1