Re: [Amps] Help IDing DSdc diodes

To: "'Kenneth Grimm'" <kdgrimm@comcast.net>,"'AMPS'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help IDing DSdc diodes
From: "Robert Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:54:56 -0500
Since you'll never directly figure out what these are...  You might as well
fire them up.  If they explode just buy something else. 1" square and 5.5
long sound like there's something inside the epoxy.  If you are planning on
building a super power amp, I'd spend the money for the "Right Thing"  If
you are putting together a HAM AMP with reasonable power levels you most
likely have very adequate diodes there.  I use a lot of 120456's here.
(operating from memory, think that's correct) That's the standard used by
Henry and are also purchasable through RF parts and a lot of other sources.
BOB DD