Re: [Amps] TMC amp toroid tank

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TMC amp toroid tank
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:30:35 -0700
Tom W8JI wrote:

> With that in mind why would anyone who thought the
> problem through tap a toroid in a high Q resonant circuit ?

This made me think that possibly you could make a very compact tank
assembly by simply stacking six individual toroids with maybe 1/4"
between them. Since so little flux escapes from the cores, they could be
almost right up against each other and the chassis (as long as they are
insulated properly). You could also select the core material to be
optimum for each band. Maybe the 10/12m one could be air-core.

It might even be possible to connect the low-impedance sides together
and then it would need only one bandswitch pole to switch them, as in a
conventional tank circuit.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco