Re: [Amps] full range C vs. padders

To: flood@ixi.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] full range C vs. padders
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:17:43 EDT
Hi Steve,  I try to use full range variable caps whenever  possible.  Padding
both C tune and C load variables does work, however I  have noticed that
given the same capacitance either way changes things.   What I mean is, take a
150UUF variable C tune cap and say 250UUF is  needed.  You pad it with 100UUF
of
lump capacitance. On the other hand you  take a full range 250UUF variable
cap.  When each is put in a circuit they  will behave in a slightly different
manner since each will have a different Xc  value though the C value is the
same.
 I have noticed this in my building  and so when I do a tank circuit I notice
things change if I use a full range C  versus a padded C variable.  Lou