Re: [Amps] RE : Âamp hardware

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : Âamp hardware
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:03:51 +0200 (CEST)
Hank bushes, PEM nuts, rivet nuts - whatever, they're all variations on a theme
- are real good for sheet metal. Not always applicable, though, to spacers and
the like, where internal threads are needed, or even for thick ( say 1/4 inch
upwards) metal or whatever.. I even have hank nuts with a nyloc insert, so that
they're self locking. Countersunk screws have a tendency to be self locking,
too, if they're the conventional type with a screw driver slot - the head gets
slightly compressed, and so there's pressure against the sides of the
countersink.
You do need to get the hole the right size though. With hank bushes, I always
drill undersize and then ream to get the final fit. Then use the vice to press
it in and slightly deform things so it's solid.
73
Peter G3RZP