Re: [Amps] Triode vs Tetrode Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Triode vs Tetrode Amp
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:14:41 -0500
Gerald -K5GW said:
"Where the tetrode has an advantage is in the rare case that one wants to use
very low drive power, such as a few watts from a QRP  transmitter. The input
grid circuit can be designed to allow full output power with very low drive
power levels. The FCC will not bless a commercial amplifier like this as the
rules don't allow such a design."

To which I throw my two cents in...

The older I get, the more I detest "social engineering" the government applies
through their rules and regulations. We all know they concocted this rule to
manage the proliferation of CB "boosters". At least recently the rules have
been relaxed to allow manufacturers to deliver products the ham community wants
to buy and use. Hurrah! What, that took 30 years to fix?

With the new no-code licensing structure, maybe we should be petitioning the
FCC to return the 11 meter band back to the amateur community?

<soapbox_remove>

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN