[Amps] GS35 on 6m, grid tuning?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GS35 on 6m, grid tuning?
From: <gd0tep@safe-mail.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:05:41 -0000
Hello Group,

I have a GS35b on 50mhz, and I seem to have a problem with the tuning of the
grid. At best I can get 1.7:1 as an input match, I was hoping I'd see
better, and I feel that this mismatch is affecting the RF out, but perhaps
I'm expecting to much?

The RF circuit in the grid consists of what appears to be a standard design,
i.e. coil, and then cap tuned to ground, then another coil to the tube.
My searches on the net proved that it is common, but I did find one other
way, a slightly different layout of RF into a cap, from this 1st cap to a
2nd cap tuned to ground, then a coil to the tube.

My question is: What's the advantage (if any?) of this different design?

Any advice would be appreciated.

73
Andy
http://gd0tep.com