Re: [Amps] MRF141G

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MRF141G
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:39:10 +0100
kg7hf@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Any idea how I can test an MRF141G?  Preferably out of circuit as I don't
> know if other components are damaged.
> thanks.
Simple tests that should spot a dead device:

Using a DVM on high resistance range (1-2M is ok) gate to source and
gate to drain should show 'off scale' resistance both ways.

DVM on diode setting, short gate to source. + on drain, - on source
should show open, - on drain, + on source should show a diode drop.

Still on diode setting, + on drain, - on source. Short gate to drain,
DVM should show open. Remove the gate source short and connect a 9V
battery - to source, + to gate for a moment. The DVM should read close
to short, and continue to read that for at least seconds, ideally
minutes, after the battery is removed and the gate left floating.

Steve