[Amps] Kenwood TL-922A Amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A Amp
From: TNeill1648@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:20:12 EDT
I am having a problem with my TL-922A and would appreciate any suggestions on
what the problem may be before I open it up and look around.

We recently had a major thunder storm that generated significant lightning.
I thought I had unplugged and disconnected all cables but had over looked the
922A.

When AC is applied to the amp it comes on and appears to be functioning
normally.  HV is in the normal range.  There is no smell generally associated
with
a burned component.  Everything appears normal.

When the amp is keyed, the change over relay operates normally and the idle
current on the final tubes is OK.

Once drive is applied, nothing happens.  There is no grid or plate current
indication of drive being applied.

It seems as though there is an open circuit in the input section.

Does the 922A have any type of protection circuit for the input?  Perhaps a
diode protection circuit?  I have had this amp 20 years and this is the only
problem I have ever had.

Thanks.

Tom K4XG