Re: [Amps] Chokes

To: "c s" <carlseye@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chokes
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:31:19 -0400
Your question certainly did appear. I was about to answer but got
distracted.

As long as the reactance on 160M is roughly 10 times or more than the input
impedence it will be fine. In your case it is roughly 510 Ohms.  The other
important thing to check is the filament voltage, too much I*R drop thru the
wire isnt good. I built several SB-200's as 160M monobanders for customers
when the "QRP" limits were lifted. I used a 7" rod but dont 'member the mix.
Most likely it was 33  rather than 61 which is more for higher frequencies.

Carl
KM1H