Re: [Amps] HV filter caps, diodes needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV filter caps, diodes needed
From: "John Farber" <kg6i@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:21:26 -0000
I have an 8877 dedicated 6m amp, a converted L4B I bought from an Amps
Reflector contributor with a W2 call, that just blew the filter caps (at
least 3 of the string of 12 are either leaking "goo" or look "pregnant") and
the FW bridge is open.
It used 12 Nichicon 330 uf, 450 V caps, with the additional markings of "CE
85 (degs)" and LQ (M)
I think the DC output voltage ran 5 kV.
Any suggestions for improvement and/or sources for replacement parts? The
parts must fit in the supply enclosure  I have, and the caps measure approx
1 3/16 in diam by 2 in high.
Thanks,
John KG6I