Re: [Amps] tubes??

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>,"jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "c s" <carlseye@verizon.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tubes??
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:42:20 -0400
Amperex power tubes are made by Covimag in France.
http://www.covimag.fr/products.html
As far as I know covimag the only one still making 3-1000Z,H, 4PR1000A and
4-1000A tubes.
Triton was not very successful at making these tubes. All that I had seen
from them were
gassy. The Amperex ones are great and have graphite anodes with very
internal strong plate
supporting hardware.

73
Bill wa4lav