Re: [Amps] 200 Watt Fast Relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 200 Watt Fast Relay
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:24:16 -0400
Here is a problem I have with relay specifications. Usually, for weak
signal applications we use gold plated contact switches and relays. Since
most relays or switches are normally exposed to air, oxidation can form and
weak signals can't always be conducted between them. Naturally in a vacuum
any good conductor can be used in the contacts  because oxidation can't
form with our air. Years ago it was suggested that as long as the relay had
a set of contacts that rub as they close,  this friction would break thru
any crusty oxidation and clean the contacts. But, I can't see that working
100% of the time.

73
Bill wa4lav