Re: [Amps] Amplifier power supply?

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier power supply?
From: STEVEN & NANCY FRAASCH <sjfraasch@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:39:53 -0400 (EDT)
No problemm; that is how it is done.  The more core, more flux.  Your
essentially just making a bigger piece of permeable material.

I'd individually wrap the cores in Teflon tape (what plumbers use for leaks),
and then wrap them together with Teflon tape, then wrap wire.  Some use
fiberglass, but Teflon tape works too.

I made a 1:4 ferrite transformer balun to feed my 160m delta loop back in '95
after I installed my tower.  The balun (without teflon tape) arced after a few
tries with the amp, and melted the wire and core.  I took the balun apart,
re-wrapped with teflon tape, used the same cores, and never a problem since.

73,

Steve, K0SF