Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 Plate Meter Calibration

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 Plate Meter Calibration
From: STEVEN & NANCY FRAASCH <sjfraasch@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:51:29 -0400 (EDT)
Bob:

Yeah, leave the line cord unlugged.

Measure the cathode resistor cold.  It should be a few ohms.  Plate current
times that resistance is a voltage drop.  Assuming it is 3 ohms, 500 ma of
plate current wll be 1.5V.  Try connecting a 1.5V battery prior (and check it
with a DMM while adjusting) to the pot and then adjust the meter for 500 ma.
You're done.

73, Steve K0SF