[Amps] Solid state Vs Tube QRO

To: "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Solid state Vs Tube QRO
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:31:19 -0400
As I think I've mentioned before, I'm looking into solid state, auto band
switching amps.

So far the Tokyo HL-1.5K and 2.5K look interesting, but I'm looking for some
feedback on them. One friend has an earlier HL2K, or IIRC that is the
designation.
The 1.5K is just a tad less power than my old Henry 2K4, plus it has 6-meter
capability although only 650 watts. The 2.5K is the full legal limit, but
without 6-meters and probably won't be available for another month or so.

Of course the big Alphas also have auto band switching for HF only, but I
like the idea of solid state.

Opinions?

Roger (K8RI)