Re: [Amps] Alpha 89 Fuse Blowing

To: <wc1m@msn.com>, "'Robert Carroll'" <w2wg@comcast.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 89 Fuse Blowing
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 19:22:02 -0400
I dont know the impedence of the Alpha PS but that sounds like too low a
resistance to do much good. The 89 is blowing fuses before the high priced
fault protection takes effect.
Since Alpha never bothered with any surge resistor until recently it doesnt
speak much for "design excellence". Maybe they copied it from the Titan or
by reading this reflector since its inception. I know that Tom, myself and
others always stessed its importance.

As Ive mentioned before the NCL-2000 had surge limiting since the design
started in 1962.

Carl
KM1H