Re: [Amps] Tokyo HL-1.5KFX Yaesu pinout

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tokyo HL-1.5KFX Yaesu pinout
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:40:09 -0400

>> BTW -- the numbers printed on the actual plug are, in clockwise
>> order, 6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 7. The center pin is 8. AND, the printing

Tracing the wires out, pins 6 and 8 would be reversed with pin 6 being in
the center and pin 8 being the lower left of the plug looking in. If 8 were
in the center they'd be grounding 6 to 3 instead of 8 to 3 the way the
original cable is wired.

IF this is true looking at the 5 pin socket on the amp would make DATA, A,
B, C, and D sequential, with A being the lower right pin and going counter
clockwise around the socket. The last pin (lower left) would be transmit
inhibit. which ties to pin 3 and 8. At least that is the way the cable that
came with the amp is wired. In the data cable there are no connections to
pin 1 (+13V) and 2 (Amp keying)

Does any one know what they are using on the data lines?  I'd assume they
are either pulling them low, or putting out a voltage to them. As the same
pins are used for cat control I'm going out on a limb and guessing for
control they ground them hopefully in some logical format.

At this point I've tried what  appears to be the proper hook up based on the
pin outs but it only shifts two bands and those are incorrect.

>> of the numbers is SO light and so bad that depending on how you
>> look at it, they look like different numbers. 5 looks like 6, 6
>> looks like 8, etc. AARGH!

There aren't any numbers on the drawings, or in the manual so it really
doesn't matter how they number them except to relate from one to the other..
They just show images of the sockets and the pin positions for the mini
8-pin DIN and the 8 pin DIN.

So far the Amp wors great except for my inability to get the auto band
switching to work.

73

Roger (K8RI)