Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <g4ftc@hotmail.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 00:33:00 -0400
> Carl, I am going to give Ron some good advice and urge him
> to get a patent
> on this!!  I just bought a small metal bench lathe, such
> an item can be  easily
> fashioned on one of those.  Aluminum is pretty cheap.

Patent what?

Prime Instruments made caps like that in the 80's, and Amp
Supply sold them as 8877 caps among other things.

Of course the former owner of Amp Supply went on to sell to
Audio-phools now, but those caps were advertised in the 80's
as 8877 and other external anode heat dissipating caps.

It's about as useful as a patent on the sideshow Bearded
Lady, and the target market is the same.

73 Tom