Re: [Amps] SB cabinets

To: "Bryan Swadener" <bswadener@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB cabinets
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:20:24 -0400
Hi Guys,

Of course you must realize that these cabinets are little more than fancy
dust covers...

Even Heath acknowledged this, with the incorporation of a separate "...inner
enclosure" to shield & house the 2x572B "works".

All of the lid top units used in the "SB" series of transceivers / receivers
/ transmitters were alike, i.e. you can readily use one from an SB-400 / 401
/ 300 / 301 / 100 / 101 / 102 / etc.

They're notorious for poor paint adhesion --- be forewarned!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ