[Amps] Amphenol Connectors made in China

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amphenol Connectors made in China
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:50:46 -0400
    Just started installing some Amphenol BNC panel mount connectors and
found them to be very substandard to the products I am accustomed to
getting.  I started spinning no the nut by hand and the nut was so loose
that it actually skipped a thread and began cross threading. This was
finger torque only. In fact, it is difficult to keep them from cross
threading.
     Got a second sealed package and the same problem. Flipped the package
over and there it was, Made in China.

73
Bill wa4lav