[Amps] Old GE docs on Radiotrons

To: amps@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [Amps] Old GE docs on Radiotrons
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:55:19 -0600
I was looking through some old GE REVIEW periodicals and found a set of  well
written articles explaining the theory of vacuum tubes as they knew  them in
1927. Turns out they knew it pretty well, including Thoriated Tungsten
filaments and oxide coated filaments. They didn't talk about screen grid tubes
but did talk about groups of damped waveforms, i.e., radiotelegraphy at the
time. Amplfiers, HF Oscillators are discussed.

I don't have a place to post the scanned documents here, but I can email them
to interested parties. Its in 2 parts, in 2 and 4 Megabyte size roughly. THEORY
AND CHARACTERISTICS OF RADIOTRONS Parts I and II, by L. Koller of GE Research
Lab and H. Schroeder of the Edison Lamp Works.

73
John
K5PRO