[Amps] AL-80 (early) Loading control at full C

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-80 (early) Loading control at full C
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <barockteer@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:09:43 -0400
meters (haven't checked the others). It does make 500 watts CW out. I notice
there is a modification to add ~10 diodes in series with cathode, I guess to
reduce idling current and move towards AB1. Plate circuit looks good, no burns
or scorch marks. Bandswitch looks excellent, as do doorknb caps on loading side.

Any ideas?

Could the bias change affect the tube load impedance and therefore the loading
control position?

Thnaks,

Tony, K1KP