Re: [Amps] QRO or Commander

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO or Commander
From: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:00:12 -0700
There is a little history between these two companies too.  One
became two and they split because of differences of opinions.  I know
for a long time there was info on one of the sites about the split
but I would only be guessing at the reason now.  It had the
appearance of being friendly and only over a difference of company philosophy.

Without any name calling or bashing, what IS the correct story?

The Command Tech uses Eimac triodes (3CX800A7) and the QRO uses
Svetlana Russian tetrodes (4CX800A)

Since they spawn from the same egg at one time, my guess is that both
sell a quality product.  Over time, the QRO will cost less to
maintain because of the cost of tubes.  The QRO also requires less
drive power.  But there is something to say about the ruggedness of
the Eimac triode.  I'd be happy with either one for multiple reasons.

Sorry I was of NO HELP!

Dino - K6RIX

At 12:18 PM 9/6/2007, you wrote:

>QRO HF-2500DX vs. Commander HF-2500
>
>Which would you choose and why?  They both appear to be very capable
>amps.  Are there others you would suggest in this price range?
>
>Philip
>9/6/2007 3:18 PM
>

>--

Dino - K6RIX