Re: [Amps] TL-922A

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <decaturbrad@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL-922A
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:00:34 -0400
Hi Gerald,

Just one more reason to support my previous argument in favour of
homebrewing...

The plate transformer that delivers 2500 VDC to my 813s weighs in at 90
pounds, and will deliver 600 ma., key down, CCS, without so much as even
flinching (full-wave rectification, too --- no voltage doubling).

I run my tubes at 400 ma., of course, but the point is, with a homebrewed
design, you can build-in reserve capacity, and THEN some...why be a victim
to some bean-counter's drive to shave costs?

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ