Re: [Amps] Low Pass Filter

To: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Low Pass Filter
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:23:35 -0400
Barrie,

The B&W FL6-1500 and the ICE 426 are the best high power ones Ive tested and
not blown up. Both are in use here, the B&W on the regular station (1200W)
and the ICE on my "conversion" bench for both input and outputs. I'd go with
the ICE if you intend to get into the 8877 class.

I built my own input bandpass filter but ICE has since come out with their
model 412; I havent evaluated it but it is a very narrow band 50.0 to 50.5
affair which should be a fine performer for polluted areas. They also have a
412W which covers the full band.

Carl
KM1H