[Amps] Microwave oven transformer

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <ham_amplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amps] Microwave oven transformer
From: "Hsu" <Jbenson@sohu.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:10:02 +0800
   I just discuss with a microwave oven transformer manufacturer about his
pruducts, he told me he can make transformer for me as I want in very low
price.We disscuss about transformer's working  temperature, he told me that the
xformer using  specal insulated  material,so the working  temperature  usually
between 150-170 degree Celsius, certainly, it needs force air cooled.The CCS
rating of 1000W uwave oven's HV transformer is 1450W,weight 11-12 pounds,I want
 add filament coil  reach 12.6V,so I can use it in 2xGI-7B amplifier.Certainly
I must remove the magentic shunt, I only use one  transformer, but I have seen
somebody use a pair transformer and  full wave rectifier  as  PS of a pair
GI-7B's amplifier.  Maybe the tranformer only need one weight 11-12 pounds
transformer, Is that right?
      73!Hsu