Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 58, Issue 10

To: "DAVE WRIGHT" <kanives@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 58, Issue 10
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 11:29:36 -0400
Hi Dave,

First-off, you've gotta lay down some parameters for said project, i.e.:

-Do you want to use inexpensive Hamfest-type tubes, or the more modern
$tuff...?

-Do you want it to be a single-bander, low-bander, or all-bander...?

Always have your goals & aspirations first & foremeost in your mind, and
then reasearch, research, and research again ALL of the literature that you
can! I have a hardcopy QST index here that I bought years ago that's been
invaluable to me (mind you, it helps, too, to have QST back to 1916, as
well!).

Don't forget CQ, & Ham Radio magazine, either --- the latter had a 3 part
tome on HB linears by the late Bill Orr (W6SAI) in the late 70's that is a
must-read for newbies, I think...

Then there are the numerous editions of "SSB FOR THE THE RADIO AMATEUR",
too...

You'll no doubt end-up selecting several choice features from many different
articles to employ in your final design, as I did here, with my "ultimate"
2x813...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ