Re: [Amps] TenTec Titan 425 HV filter caps

To: David J Windisch <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TenTec Titan 425 HV filter caps
From: rgroh@swbell.net
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
I don't think you are overlooking anything - usually going to the equipment
manufacturer costs you more because they have additional markups. My only
recommendation would be that you use a 105 degC rated capacitor rather than the
85 degC part you listed below. Mouser has CDE parts on pg. 614 - series 381LQ
and 381LX, 330 uf, 450 WVDC, cost about $8 and $12 respectively and both are in
stock. Both 105 degC parts, and the more expensive one has higher ripple
current rating.

Keeping in mind that higher temperature and higher ripple current ratings are
good and that replacing parts is an investment, I would go for the higher
quality part. I didn't check the physical sizes (both are snap in). I also
didn't check any other alternatives.

Hope this helps

Bob Groh, WA2CKY