Re: [Amps] ] AL-811 PROBLEMS-UPDATE

To: "TROY D SINGLETON-N5ARK" <N5ARK@COMCAST.NET>,<Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ] AL-811 PROBLEMS-UPDATE
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:43:29 -0700
Hi Troy.
Make SURE the set screws on the knobs that tighten on the shafts of both the
tuning and load capacitors.  You might have to remove the bottom cover of
the amp to check this.  The knobs will feel as if they are turning the caps
but an eyeball check will resolve this one way or the other.
This suggestion due to the set screws on my AL-800H loosened up after a
while.  (Too many loose watts rattling around the inside of the amp, hi hi?)
73's,
Gary...wa6fgi