[Amps] Fw: Meter Repair...? --- GOOD NEWS!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fw: Meter Repair...? --- GOOD NEWS!
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 08:05:56 -0500
Good Morning All,

Well, I'm VERY pleased to report that, in the process of getting access for the
removal of my B+ voltage monitoring meter from the front of my amplifier, the
doggone thing has returned to normal again...!

I undid umpteen screws, knobs, spacers, protective screens, ad nauseam to get
the thing removed ---  somehow during all of this electronic compontentry feat
of gymnastics, whatever it was that whacked-out the meter movement yesterday &
prevented it from dropping back down to zero, became "re-set".

Chalk one up to "...industrial phenomenon."

I couldn't really tap the meter before, when it was securely in place, to free
anything up that might have temorarily "...snafu'ed" inside, because of the
bulk of the amplifier surrounding it....looks like the bump & grind of its
removal worked wonders for it, though, and me...

I laughed at myself when I held a perfectly normal meter staring me in the face
at the end of it all, because I thought right away of one of the Apollo moon
landing missions, when an astronaut's camera on the lunar surface refused to
work...what did he do to fix it so far away from home? He tapped the thing!

I believe history records that it worked fine after that.

Many thanks to all for the sage & knowledgable advice that was imparted to me
these past coupla days --- there is a real watershed of smart people out there
who really know their stuff in such matters, and I salute you...!

Should those folks who offered to look for a direct replacement for this meter
in their respective junque boxes still care to do so, I'll be only too pleased
to consumate the deal --- after all, spares are always a good thing...

Thanks again, & my vy

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ