Re: [Amps] operating a transformer in oil

To: "David G4FTC" <g4ftc@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] operating a transformer in oil
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:04:00 -0500
It certainly does complicate things. Modulation transformers are constructed
differently also so they can function with that DC in both windings.
Im going to have to dig out my ancient Terman and other tomes of antiquity
and relearn all this AM witchcraft.

Peter might have something there with the choke feed of the RF amp HV and a
blocking cap to the modulation xfmr. If memory serves it was referred to as
"modified Heising".  The last time I used true Heising modulation was around
1958 on a homebrew 2E26 2M rig.

Carl
KM1H