[Amps] Alpha 89 Filter caps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 89 Filter caps
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:44:20 -0500
I have an Alpha 89 which about once a month blows the upper fuse or very
rarely activates the fault circuitry, and on a recent occasion gave a grunt
about 15 seconds after turn on, continued running for a few seconds with no
fault indication, and turned off.  No fuses blown, etc.  Tube swapping has
not cured the problem.  There are no signs of arcing in the cabinet or on
components.  Our local Alpha repair and psychiatric guru has suggested,
based on his experience with similar behavior in an Alpha 87, that I replace
the HV filter caps.  I could pull the amp from the labyrinth and see if I
can figure out the manufacturer and part number, but I would like to leave
the amp in place until I do the replacement.  Does anyone on the reflector
happen to know what caps are used or would be acceptable replacements in the
89?

73

Bob W2WG