[Amps] Non-Inductive Resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Non-Inductive Resistors
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:12:55 -0700
This thread about 50 ohm loads reminds me that recently, while searching for
large resistors for a power supply project, I came upon the skeleton of an old
mil-surplus power supply that contained several non-inductive resistors.

There were 4 33,000 ohm and two 800 ohm units, all unmarked as to wattage, but
at least (guessing) 100 watts.

They were all marked as to resistance, and all marked "non-inductive".  All are
designed to fit into a largish fuse holder.

Just idle curiousity, but why would a power supply contain non-inductive
resistors?

73,
Barrie, W7ALW, DN36au,
QRV 6M, 432 & 1296 EME