Re: [Amps] 220V wiring logistics

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220V wiring logistics
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:25:01 -0500

> Thanks for the numerous on & off list replies to my query. It made
> sense to me to just use one leg off of each outlet. Several people
> commented on the insurance company wriggleing out of paying if the
> wiring was not kosher to code.
>
> As I from first hand see all too frequently Insurance companies twist
> every possible way not to pay claims they are obligated to pay, doing
> the wiring the "expected" way does make sense.
>
> Not sure how I'll handle this one, I may have to be really
> creative...

As you can't drill any holes (don't know the reason but that's unimportant),
how about running a 220 line to one of the existing outlets and replacing
the duplex outlet with a 220? That's assuming your house has more outletts
than mine did originally. I just added an additional circuit with the wiring
in the wall. I brought the 220 up so that outlett is on the north side of
the studd while the regualr outlett is on the South. If the 220 is no longer
needed then all that has to be done is change the breaker(s) and outlett.
To be really picky the wire could be changed but that too would be a simple
matter.

73

Roger (K8RI)