Re: [Amps] High voltage

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High voltage
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:31:32 -0500
Interesting but not applicable to a ham amp.

Antique car parts come closer to the amp. With them they have to appear and
function as original. It doesnt matter if the replacement part is done from
a drawing, laser scanned or a mold taken. Authenticity is determined by
either the marque (Ford Restoration Parts Certified, GM Authorized, etc) or
the national club for any particular make and/or model.

With a modern diode string installed in lieu of an overpriced and failure
prone original part it would be considered an acceptable replacement under
the "work in progress" rule. Unless there is a Henry club out there passing
judgement then it is up to the owner and not a bunch of keyboard activists
that dont even own the product.

BTW, I own a Ford 8N tractor with a Funk V8 conversion kit. Fully acceptable
at any tractor meet.

Carl
KM1H