[Amps] High voltage power supply for linear amp

To: amps@contesting.com,José Arturo Molina <josearturomolina@gmail.com>
Subject: [Amps] High voltage power supply for linear amp
From: José Arturo Molina <joseart@navegante.com.sv>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:22:19 -0600
Hi. I ran into your posting for the power supply for your amp and
thought that you might be able to give me a hand with mine, let's hope so.

I have a Henry 3K Classic Mark II that runs a 3CX1200A7 tube and the
high voltage rectifier bridge is out of order, everything else should be
in working order. Your PS uses a string of 1N5408 diodes and I thought
that those same diodes could be used in my Henry, instead of the
extremely expensive (for me, at least) original diodes, which run about
$ 70 and of which it needs a pair.

If the tube is running at 3200v and 600 ma, what would be the number of
diodes required per leg of the full wave rectifier? I'm assuming that it
would be around 6, but thought I'd better ask.

Another question, if the amp has been in storage for, let's say 5-6
years, how does one go about reforming the capacitors?

Thanks for any help, and happy 2008 !

José Molina, YS1MS