[Amps] 160-6m amp designs?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 160-6m amp designs?
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:40:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi All, I am new to the group. I am a student at OSU and would like to use an
amp as a project for a class this quarter. My goal is to cover 160-6m with
1500w. I have been researching the past few months and have found very few amps
that fit this constrait or are close. The ACOM 1000 is the only commercial tube
amp I found, and N4IS has a home brew amp 160-6 with a pair of 3cx800's (I
think) but there is no detail on his site - just pictures.

I would like to use an 8877 because of their popularity, quality, and
manufacturing lifespan left. I am open to all ideas since I am in the learning
phase right now. I have heard it is easier to get a wide frequency range out of
a pair of tubes rather than just one.

If you know of any designs out there on the net that I can take a look at
please let me know. I don't have access to back issues of any magazines (other
than QST, and only back to 01).

You can read more about the project on my website
http://www.kc8qvo.com/2008/01/amplifier-ideas.html

Steve, KC8QVO