Re: [Amps] ALS-600S... good news!

To: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALS-600S... good news!
From: schuetzen <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:58:55 -0600
Vic K2VCO wrote:
> schuetzen wrote:
>
>> Ameritron is shipping the last of their ALS600s now ... the NEW ALS600
>> will have a new faceplate with the capability of hooking up an ARI500
>> interface via telephone lines (RC45) between the 600's faceplate and
>> the ARI500.  THIS hookup gives you AUTOMATIC bandswitching as you
>> change frequencies on your exciter.
>
> Is there a description/specs available somewhere? Or did they tell you
> this on the phone?
>
> I can't find it on their website.

Go to eham reviews on the ALS600 and look for Dave Greer's latest
reviews.. N4KZ at http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/603

David has as he states, one of the new but he mistakenly calls it an
ALS-600S.  Ameritron sells ONE and one only ALS-600.  again, if you buy
it with teh 12lb SPS or switching power supply, it is called the
ALS-600S.  If you buy it with the orig 32 or 36# PS, it is called the
ALS-600 period.!!  NOW, one more time, Ameritron is phasing in the new
front plate with the moved bandswitch and in its original place, two
square plug ins for the telephone plus (RC45). for the ARI500 which,
when hooked up with the exciter, does give AUTOMATIC bandswitching.!!

oh yes, what i did not learn from David, I learned from a 10min call
with MIKE in Ameritron Tech Spt sometime last week.

whew!!  boy, how many more times is it going to take repeating all that????

cheers
chas k5dam