[Amps] 4CX250M questions and MARCONI linear questions

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 4CX250M questions and MARCONI linear questions
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:34:32 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
  I have CC'd my military email address, please reply to me at that address of
kendallm@lhd2.navy.mil
  I cannot check Yahoo while on the ship and it may be weeks before I can get
on Yahoo again.
  I am experiencing reliability issues with a Marconi amplifier system for the
URC-109.  We are going through hundreds (no joke) of 4CX250M's a year while
most of the 7 amplifiers are left off to reduce tube usage.  All the amplifiers
are eating tubes so it is not isolated to a specific amplifier....last time we
checked VSWR it was within specifications for the antennas.  Previously, when I
had dropped a post on this reflector an ex-Marconi employee had emailed me.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  This system is a bit unique as it
is one of the first broadband/frequency agile amplifiers.
  Best Regards,
Mike KE6CVH