Re: [Amps] how to wind an HF broadband 10:1 transformer

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] how to wind an HF broadband 10:1 transformer
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:53:17 -0800
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:16:23 +0000, Manfred Mornhinweg wrote:

>Hi Jim,

>>> I didn't know they had so much variation with frequency
>>
>> All of this data has been in Fair-Rite's printed catalog for many
>> years, and that catalog has been on Fair-Rite's website as a pdf for
>>  at least 5 years.

>Could you give me an exact URL for some page that gives this information
>for the 61 material? I couldn't find it, and after a few hours searching
>I gave up. Living in a rural location, my internet connection is over
>the cellphone network, with dismal performance, so it's not conducive to
>efficient web browsing!

I understand your quandry. Here's the single page htm with data for #61.

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/materials61.htm

and the page with links to all materials

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/materials.htm

The full catalog as a pdf is about 15MB (several hundred pages of text and
graphics), which you would never get via a cell connection. But you can
order a printed copy of the catalog online, and perhaps a friend can
download it for you. Fair-Rite is VERY good about providing tech info --
all you need to do is ask!

Here's a page where you choose pdf files for download.

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/catalog.htm

And a page with contact info.

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/contacts.htm

I strongly suggest that you ask a friend to download a copy of my RFI
tutorial, which has an extensive discussion of ferrites, chokes, lots of
MEASURED data for ferrite chokes on #31, #43, #61, #77, and #78 materials,
and lots of other stuff. It also includes references to supporting
discussions and texts, including the classic E. C. Snelling texts on
ferrite transformers.

My files are also pretty large (because they have LOTS of pictures and
data in graphical form), so you should ask a friend to download them for
you. If that's not possible, let me know and I can burn a CD for you. I
can't do this for everyone, but am willing to do so in exchange for the
work you've done over the years and shared with others.

73,

Jim K9YC