Re: [Amps] grid bias supply

To: Steve Flood <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grid bias supply
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:08:01 -0700
Yes, it is. There is great value in being able to adjust your bias to
allow more efficient operation while running non-linear modes such as
CW, RTTY, and the various WSJT modes.

Class B or even soft Class C is much easier on your tubes than the
"linear" classes. Of course it requires that the operator have some idea
of whats going on inside the amp in order to properly adjust for the
various requirements of each class.

73, Larry

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg