Re: [Amps] Power transformer for 600 watt rig

To: "'Jim Tonne'" <tonne@comcast.net>, "'Amps @ Contesting.com'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power transformer for 600 watt rig
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:08:59 -0400
Hi Jim,

No I don't have LTspice.

What I was saying about what type of service the power supply is to expect
to see matters a great deal. A transformer (a good one) that is to be used
with a voltage doubler might have a secondary resistance in the neighborhood
of 15 ohms.

A transformer to deliver the same power supply voltage using a choke input
filter can get by with a transformer secondary resistance of a couple of
hundred ohms.
The dynamic regulation of the latter will be fine for an AM or FM rig but
not acceptable for SSB.

73
Gary  K4FMX