Re: [Amps] Refurbishing old amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Refurbishing old amps
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:12:40 -0000
Some excellent advice here but most of the stuff mentioned doesn't ring any
bells with me. Perhaps some Brits know equivalents for these.

We have WD40 and I've seen MEK at work but not sure I could get it from a
'domestic' source, I'll look around.  IPA I can get at the chemist
(pharmacy).
Haven't heard of
Windex
Signature Polish
Hoppe's #9 gun oil (I'll just go to a gun shop?)
Mother's Silver Paste (Brasso?)
Conducto-Lube silver grease compound
Cool-Amp powder
Iridium Yellow (Alocrom 1200? but I only know this for aluminium)
VHT hi-heat wrinkle black (Finnigans black crackle paint?)
rubbing alcohol (IPA?)

Particular thanks to Hal for such detail.

David
G3UNA