Re: [Amps] open frame relay rating

To: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] open frame relay rating
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:34:03 -0400
Many amps used open frame relays with 10-13A contacts and they worked well
at 1500W. The one issue with them is high VSWR in the thru position on 10M
which can fold back the power in a SS rig. The cure is simple, add a
capacitor from the thru loop to ground to tune out the Xl.

You can use an adjustable mica trimmer and leave it or measure the value and
replace with a 1KV disc ceramic or 500V mica. Typical values are 25-35 pf.
Any one will handle 100W with ease.

Carl
KM1H