Re: [Amps] Chimney for GS-31B

To: vk3zl@bigpond.com,Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chimney for GS-31B
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:13:12 +0000
> I have been pondering for a solution for a chimney for various
> external
> anode tubes.I am currently completing another amplifier using a
> GS-31B.Not having access to Teflon or other expensive materials nor
> the
> finance to afford same I hit upon the idea of using some silicon
> baking
> sheet.

The idea was new to me Bob, and thanks for the tip.  I looked it
up on Google and found this site (among many others)
http://www.kitchencollection.com/Temp_Products.cfm?sku=00231742

Looks like it's good for 500 deg F and OK for microwave
use and it even comes in colors!   Sewing a strip of it into
a cylinder sounds a bit tedious, but mechanically secure
if the thread can take the RF and heat.
Does anyone know if the material can be glued?  Or, could
the strip be cut longer, forming a thicker cylinder and then
use a couple of nylon(?) tie-wraps to hold it in place?

73,
Charlie, N0TT