Re: [Amps] Higher power transmitting tubes for "portable" amps.

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Missouri Guy" <n0tt1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Higher power transmitting tubes for "portable" amps.
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:55:07 -0400
Id opt for a pair of 3CX800's as you can get an easy 2200W out with only a
2200V PS. That alone decreases the package size.

The '800 and the medical pulse version are quite common and the tube is less
prone to glitch damage as compared to an 8877 running at 3500V.

I had an Amp Supply LK-780 here for several years as the second radio amp in
the contest station. Never a problem and in the same package as the LK-500.

Carl
KM1H